Powerful Multicultural Essays For Innovative Educators And Leaders
Optimizing 'Hearty' Conversations
Powerful Multicultural Essays for innovative Educators and Leaders is written for this day, age, and time. We need to tear down our walls of hatred to optimize “hearty” conversations. In addition, we need to challenge ourselves and our institutions to do the right things. We must revisit our inner spiritual connectivity--- there are biblical allusions that could buttress our understanding about multiculturalism. For instance, human valuing is the engine behind the Parable of the Good Samaritan and the Parable of the Sower. Should our goal not be to sow good seeds that bloom to be beautiful flowers and even grow to be strong trees? Should our actions be divorced from supporting those who are different from us? Reading this book will help us to answer these questions. As often as possible, we must be action-oriented and practical as we arrive at our central hub and enhance our potential or existential collaboration, consultation, and cooperation at all levels of our human interactions.
This is a book for students of life, which means all of us! We are all learners whether we are students, teachers, community leaders, university professors and leaders, researchers, scholars, politicians, to mention a few. We all need to read this book to optimize conversations, create open and healthy environments, and advance our nations and world. The days for hiding from discourses are over! We can no longer sweep our problems and actions under the rug! And, we cannot divorce ourselves from our own realities. Hopefully, this book will yield remarkable fruitful dividends with regard to human valuing.
Foreword. Preface. 1 The Convergence of Multicultural Education and Lifelong Learning. 2 What Is Legally Right May Not Be Morally Right in Life. 3 Policing the Behaviors of Those Who Police Behaviors. 4 Advancing Multicultural Discourses: Everything Has Everything to do With Everything. 5 Preparing Teachers for Our Racially, Culturally, and Linguistically Diverse Society. 6 Multicultural Lessons of the 2012 London Olympics. 7 Valuing “White” Multicultural Voices in America’s Colleges and Universities. 8 Building Truly Multicultural Communities. 9 Playing God in Dealing With Other People’s Sacred Existence. 10 Seeing Beyond the Eyes in Valuing Human Differences. 11 Working With Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners With Behavior Problems: The Hobson’s Choice in Practice. 12 Cultural Challenges and Opportunities in America’s Higher Education and Schools/Colleges of Education. 13 The Comprehensive Support Model (CSM) as a Model for Improving School Completion and Graduation. 14 A Danger to Educational, Multicultural, and Societal Advancements: The World of ‘Alternative Facts’ in the United States. 15 My Faith and Culture: Implications for Teaching, Scholarship, Service, and Leadership. 16 Afterword: “Stay Woke:” The Moral Imperative of an Educational Thought Leader. References. Suggested Readings. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU020000 - EDUCATION: Multicultural Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU054000 - EDUCATION: Urban
- (Re)Designing Programs: A Vision for Equity-Centered, Clinically Based Teacher Preparation
- Black Males Matter A Blueprint for Creating School and Classroom Environments to Support Their Academic and Social Development - A Sourcebook
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 Issue 4 2020
- Education Around the Globe Creating Opportunities and Transforming Lives
- Queer Multicultural Social Justice Education Curriculum (and Identity) Development Through Performance
- Racism by Another Name Black Students, Overrepresentation, and the Carceral State of Special Education
- Women of Color In STEM Navigating the Double Bind in Higher Education