Principals Improving Instruction
Supervision, Evaluation, and Professional Development
This work integrates the core instructional leadership tasks of all principals: supervision, evaluation, and professional development. The text demonstrates a hands-on approach grounded in sound theory and rigorous research. It provides both a conceptual frame and realistic exercises that today’s principals and supervisors can use to improve their practice. The book highlights observation tools that focus on high-yield instructional strategies. Principals and supervisors are encouraged to collect data in classrooms and provide this instructional feedback so together with teachers they can reflect and identify areas for growth. The models of supervision, evaluation, and professional development are research-based and are consistent with contemporary challenges that confront principals and others committed to improving instruction.
1 Instructional Leadership. 2 An Integrated Model of Instructional Leadership. 3 Creating a School Context to Improve Student Learning. 4 A Model for Classroom Supervision. 5 Supervision of Instruction. 6 Supervisory Skills. 7 Professional Development. 8 Evaluation. 9 Implementing Evaluation. 10 Improving Instruction. 11 Supervision and Professional Development: An Application. 12 Evaluation, Supervision, and Professional Development: Applications. References. Appendices: A Sample Evaluation Domains, Standards, and Performance Indicators. B Sample Summative Evaluation Form. C Sample Interim Review Form. D Guidelines for Observing Classroom Behavior. E ISLLC Standards. F Websites for Principals.
- Data Analytics and Psychometrics Informing Assessment Practices
- Democratic Evaluation and Democracy Exploring the Reality
- EDUCONOMY Unleashing Wellbeing and Human Centered Sustainable Development
- EDUQUALITY Human Centered Quality Management in Education. A Model for Deployment, Assessment and Sustainability
- Facing Challenges and Complexities in Retention of Novice Teachers
- Test Fairness in the New Generation of Large‐Scale Assessment
- Working Together Enhancing Urban Educator Quality Through School-University Partnerships