Promising Practices for Teachers to Engage with Families of English Language Learners
A volume in the series: Family School Community Partnership Issues. Editor(s): Diana Hiatt-Michael, Pepperdine University. Holly Kreider, The Heising-Simons Foundation. Michael P. Evans, Miami University.
The monograph Promising Practices for Teachers to Engage with Families of English Language Learners provides practical activities, communication skills, events, resources, and policies to work with families who are English language learners. This book is primarily targeted toward preservice and novice teachers who are searching for ways to connect with families from diverse cultures and varying proficiency levels in English. However, the contents contain an array of practices that are useful for teachers at all levels, parents, other educator groups, and administrators.
Acknowledgments. Engaging English Language Learner Families as Partners, Diana Hiatt-Michael. Building Meaningful Relationships: Caring and Respect, Chris Ferguson. Developing an Understanding of Families and the Community, Reyna García Ramos. Reaching Out from the Classroom to the Families, Diana B. Hiatt-Michael and Linda Purrington. Making Your Classroom Parent-Friendly to Families of English Language Learners, Hsiu-Zu Ho, Kathy R. Fox and Margarita Gonzalez. Providing Culturally Sensitive Parent Education Programs, Margarita Gonzalez, Hsiu-Zu Ho and Kathy R. Fox. Engaging Parents as Leaders in Schools with ELLS, Judith Munter, Josefina Tinajero and Antonio del Campo. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- LAN000000 - LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES: General
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Family Involvement in Faith-Based Schools
- Promising Practices for Engaging Families in Literacy
- Promising Practices for Engaging Families in STEM Learning
- Promising Practices for Family Engagement in Out-of-School Time
- Promising Practices for Fathers' Involvement in Children's Education
- Promising Practices To Empower Culturally And Linguistically Diverse Families Of Children With Disabilities
- The Power of Community Engagement for Educational Change