Quarterly Review of Distance Education
Volume 20 #4
A volume in the series: Quarterly Review of Distance Education - Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University. Charles Schlosser, Nova Southeastern University.
The Quarterly Review of Distance Education is a rigorously refereed journal publishing articles, research briefs, reviews, and editorials dealing with the theories, research, and practices of distance education. The Quarterly Review publishes articles that utilize various methodologies that permit generalizable results which help guide the practice of the field of distance education in the public and private sectors. The Quarterly Review publishes full-length manuscripts as well as research briefs, editorials, reviews of programs and scholarly works, and columns. The Quarterly Review defines distance education as institutionally based formal education in which the learning group is separated and interactive technologies are used to unite the learning group.
Mission, Vision, and Core Values Through Online Education: A Case Study on Tribal College Leadership, Lisa Bunkowski and Kaye Shelton.
Retention of Women in Online Education: An Exploratory Study of Factors That Aid in Retention in an Accelerated, Online, Teacher Education Program, Christi M. Burke.
Graduate Students’ Perceptions of Interactions in a Blended Synchronous Learning Environment: A Case Study, Sheri Conklin, Jesus Trespalacios, and Patrick Lowenthal.
Transforming the Art of Education: Integrating a Synchronous Tool, Kristin Vincenzes, Meredith Drew, Breann Cummings, and Sandra Tubo.
The Positive Aspects of Mursion When Teaching Higher Education Students, Luminita Hartle and Tara Kaczorowski.
Gamification and Motivation to Learn Math Using Technology, Janice Watson-Huggins and Sandra Trotman.
Small Teaching Online: Applying Learning Science in Online Classes, by Flower Darby and James Lang. Reviewed by Stanley A. Skrabut.
Author Biographical Data.
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- "School is Life, Not a Preparation for Life" John Dewey: Democratic Practices in Middle Grades Education
- As He Saw It Contributions, Memories and Reflections of John H. Lounsbury
- Black Males Matter A Blueprint for Creating School and Classroom Environments to Support Their Academic and Social Development - A Sourcebook
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 2000s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Flourishing in the Holistic Classroom
- Multiliteracies in English as an Additional Language Classrooms Methods, Approaches, and Lessons
- Parenting in the Pandemic The Collision of School, Work, and Life at Home A Collection of Essays