Research on Enhancing the Interactivity of Online Learning
A volume in the series: Perspectives in Instructional Technology and Distance Education. Editor(s): Charles Schlosser, Nova Southeastern University. Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Our goal with this book, Research on Enhancing the Interactivity of Online Learning, is to present a juried, scholarly, and accessible review of research, theory, and/or policy on specific issues of interactive online learning for K-16 educators, administrators, and students of online learning. Online learning has become the norm rather than the exception for many of today’s students. Instructors are more willing to explore online learning options, students are enrolling in record numbers and colleges, as well as many K-12 institutions, are offering more online courses. As educators, we have more tools than ever to ensure online course success, but just as with a traditional class, we must continue to place emphasis on good pedagogy. To achieve good pedagogy, online teaching takes additional time and a restructuring of course content by the instructor. Student issues include coping strategies, ease of navigation, skills required to complete the course, availability of online resources, feedback from the instructor, and collaborative, interactive learning opportunities. Principles of interactive online learning are new to many, and this book provides a forum for interactive online learning research while also including ideas that enhance both the practical and theoretical aspects of interactive online learning. The editors have included chapters that can further knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and foster debate regarding issues that surround interactive online learning.
Future Directions for Online Learning. Learner Intent and Online Learning. An Emerging Hybrid Model for Interactive Online Learning. Assessment in Online Learning: Are Students Really Learning?. Authentic Assessment Through Problem Based Learning in the Online Environment. Collaborating on an Interactive Online Study Guide. Using Narrative Strategies to Enhance Interactivity Online. Enhancing Elementary Teachers’ Understanding of Inquiry. Teaching and Learning Using Online Scientific Discourse. Collaborative Learning Environments Across the Internet. Problem Solving and Coping Strategies Used in an Online Learning Environment. Concept Mapping and E-Learning: A Pathway Toward Thinking Dispositions.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- COM023000 - COMPUTERS: Educational Software
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- Beyond the Online Course Leadership Perspectives on e-Learning
- Distance Education Statewide, Institutional, and International Applications of Distance Education
- Distance Education Statewide, Institutional, and International Applications of Distance Education, 2nd Edition
- Learning From Media 2nd Ed. Arguments, Analysis, and Evidence
- Real-Life Distance Education Case Studies in Practice
- Research on Course Management Systems in Higher Education
- Trends and Issues in Distance Education 2nd Edition International Perspectives