Research on Stress in Education
Implications for the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
Call for ChaptersMuch of what we know about stress and trauma in education predates the COVID-19 pandemic. Online instruction created many challenges, and perhaps opportunities, throughout the 2020-2021 school year as the pandemic became a chronic, society-altering public health crisis. This volume will focus on research on stress and trauma that informs our understanding of how educational settings can respond to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
• Research on students, teachers, administrators, and/or caregivers
• Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research designs
• Outcomes including educational attainment, health and wellness, and thriving in educational systems
• Research with diverse populations that informs disparities in education exacerbated by stress and trauma
• Stressors experienced by historically marginalized populations
• Impacts of COVID-19 stress and trauma on social/emotional development
• Technology as a source of stress and/or a resource during th pandemic
• Research on promising interventions that address the above topics
Proposals should include four parts: (1) a page with author name(s) and affiliation(s), email addresses, and a tentative title, ), (2) a page with a brief biography (100 words) and relevant professional publications for each author, (3) an abstract (200-250 words), and (4) a summary of your completed study of up to 2,000 words, including introduction, methods, results, and discussion. Proposals should be sent as a single Word file to Chris McCarthy (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 1, 2021.
CHAPTER SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by October 15, 2021 about the status of their submission and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters, ranging from 7,000 to 8,000 words in Times New Roman 12, double spaced text, inclusive of title, abstract, manuscript, and references, should be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment by December 15, 2021. Manuscripts should conform to 6th edition APA style conventions. Graphics and images may be included. See Author Guidelines.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR PUBLICATION:
Abstract Submissions: October 1, 2021
Notification of invitation to submit chapter: October 15, 2021
Submission of book chapter: December 15, 2021
Reviews of book chapter manuscripts sent to author(s): January 31, 2022
Receipt by editors of final draft of book chapters: March 15, 2022
Final book submitted to publisher: April 30, 2022
Anticipated publication: July 31, 2022