Policy Implications of the Resiliency Movement
A volume in the series: Educational Policy in the 21st Century: Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions. Editor(s): Bruce Anthony Jones, University of Houston.
The goal of this book is to generate discussion not only about how we can create meaningful educational experiences for all learners, but to challenge systems that necessitate a resilient nature. Ultimately, the authors promote the need for a foundation of socially just policies and practices in all educational settings and respond to the question: How does a paradigm of resiliency translate into institutional change that benefits everyone?
Foreword, Bruce Anthony Jones. Introduction, Donna M. Davis. PART I: UNDERSTANDING RESILIENCY. A History of Resilience in African American Children and Schools: Formal and Informal Policies That Shaped the Educational Experiences of Ex-Slaves, Donna M. Davis. The Social Contextual Nature of Resiliency in Schools: Organizational Structures that Facilitate a Positive School Culture, Tierra Freeman. PART II: SCHOOL PRACTICES. Educational Resilience in Young Adolescents, Jennifer Friend. Promoting Resiliency Through High Expectations: Policy Implications for the Integration of Cognitive and Affective Reform in Schools, Loyce Caruthers. Student Resiliency, Institutional Structures and Arts Education: Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild as a Model, Bruce Anthony Jones and Nathan D. Jackson. Fostering Resiliency in Students With Disabilities in an Era of Standards-Based Education: Paradoxes in Policy and Expectations, Jeannie Kleinhammer-Tramill. PART III: BROADENING THE SUBJECT. Expanding Our Thinking of Resiliency From K-12 to Higher Education: Resolute Experiences of Academic Latinas, Juan Carlos Gonzalez. The Time Is Now: The Role of Professional Learning Communities Strengthening the Resiliency of Teachers in Urban Schools, Jennifer Waddell. About The Authors.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- SOC022000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: Popular Culture
- EDU024000 - EDUCATION: Reference
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- College Student-Athletes Challenges, Opportunities, and Policy Implications
- Contemporary Uses of Technology in K-12 Physical Education Policy, Practice, and Advocacy
- Cultural Competence in America’s Schools Leadership, Engagement and Understanding
- Leading Schools in Challenging Times Eye to the Future
- Staff Governance and Institutional Policy Formation
- Tradition and Culture in the Millennium Tribal Colleges and Universities
- Training Higher Education Policy Makers and Leaders A Graduate Program Perspective