Running with Scissors
Leading in Uncertainty
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives in Business Leadership. Editor(s): Jennifer Moss Breen, Creighton University.
The more complex and ambiguous this world becomes, the greater the uncertainty leaders will face in their day to day professional and personal lives, and the greater the need to recognize and develop their leadership skills to help be the voice of reason when there’s nothing around them but chaos.
The book presents real case studies where the authors offer action learning methodologies grounded in various leadership theories. Whether you are a firm or skeptical believer in leadership development, the authors in this book, through their experiences and observations, illustrate how awareness, purpose, attitude, confidence, trust and mindset can play such a critical role in overcoming the toughest of circumstances.
Preface. Acknowledgments. SECTION I: BUSINESS LEADERSHIP IN COMPLEX TIMES: AN INTRODUCTION. The Dinosaur and a Duck With a Smartphone: Transcending Strategies to Win Over Millennials, Haytham Abduljawad. Marvelous Monday Mornings, Alain M. de Sales. Changing Hearts by Changing Mindsets: Reexamining the Leader–Follower Paradigm in a Global Franchising System, Rob Koonce and Kim Koonce. SECTION II: LEARNING THROUGH ADVERSITY: INTRODUCTION. Leading in a Multicultural Environment: Three Lessons to Live, Joseph Alessi. Pascal’s Pantry: The Unexpected Outcomes of Mission Work in the Dominican Republic, Tanya Morgan Benedict and Jennifer Moss Breen. A Western Leader’s Year in South Korea: Inheriting an Abandoned Cross-Cultural Team, Carly Speranza. SECTION III: EDUCATING IN COMPLEX TIMES: AN INTRODUCTION. Thoughtful Leadership: Reflecting on Assumptions and Group Identity, Sharon Holderman. Oasis in Crisis, Kelsie L. Abduljawad. Encouraging Shared Leadership to Support the Passage of a School Bond Referendum, Peggy M. Rupprecht and Blaine K. McCann. About the Editors. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS071000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Leadership
- BUS024000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Education
- BUS000000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: General
- An Introduction to Professional and Executive Coaching 2nd Edition
- Challenges and Opportunities in Healthcare Leadership Voices from the Crowd in Today’s Complex and Interprofessional Healthcare Environment
- Conflict Management and Leadership Development Using Mediation
- Human Resources Management and Ethics Responsibilities, Actions, Issues, and Experiences
- Leadership, Leaders and Leading
- Managing Interpartner Risks in Strategic Alliances
- The Connecting Leader Serving Concurrently as a Leader and a Follower