Saving America's School Infrastructure
A volume in the series: Research in Education Fiscal Policy and Practice. Editor(s): Jennifer King Rice, University of Maryland. Christopher Roellke, Vassar College.
Foreword, Senator Edward M. Kennedy. PART I. OVERVIEW and SCOPE of the PROBLEM. Unmet School Infrastructure Funding Need as a Critical Educational Capacity Issue: Setting the Context, Faith E. Crampton. Financing School Infrastructure Needs: An Overview Across the 50 States, Catherine C. Sielke. Canadian Approaches to the Financing of School Infrastructure, Vivian J. Hajnal. Financing Capital Facilities in Higher Education, Mary McKeown-Moak. PART II. CURRENT CHALLENGES to FUNDING of SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURE. Capital Needs and Spending in Urban Public School Systems: Policies, Problems, and Promises, James G. Cibulka and Bruce S. Cooper. Funding School Infrastructure in Rural America, Jeffrey Maiden. Infrastructure Funding Considerations and Students with Disabilities, William T. Hartman. School Finance Litigation: One Strategy to Address Inequities in School Infrastructure Funding, David C. Thompson and Faith E. Crampton. Funding Technology versus Bricks and Mortar: Can We Have It All? Faith E. Crampton, Janis M. Hagey and Kathleen C. Westbrook. Should Principals Be Involved in School Renovations? Brian O. Brent and Marie Cianca. PART III. THE FUTURE of SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING. Striking a Balance in School Infrastructure Funding, David C. Thompson. About the Editors. About the Contributors. Index.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Convictions of Conscience How Voices From the Margins Inform Public Actions and Educational Leadership
- Fiscal Policy in Urban Education
- High Stakes Accountability Implications for Resources and Capacity
- The Contemporary Superintendent (R)Evolutionary Leadership in an Era of Reform
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East
- Who Controls the Preparation of Education Administrators?