Schooling for Tomorrow's America
A volume in the series: Research in Curriculum and Instruction. Editor(s): Cheryl J. Craig, University of Houston.
This book can be read by educators at all stages in their careers. What a great selection for a book study group of practicing teachers or for a seminar with graduate students. The authors share their thoughts about education for the future, but also inform us about the past. Whether you encounter this book as a textbook or for a professional learning community, the contents will inform and inspire you, encouraging you to think deeply and work towards the improvement of education.
Acknowledgements. Foreword. Prologue. Public Schooling in Hard Times: Adaptation and Invention Remain Possibilities, O. L. Davis, Jr. Educational Aims for the Twenty-First Century, Nel Noddings. Teacher Learning and Leadership: Community, Collaboration, and Challenge, Ann Lieberman. Educating Citizens for Tomorrow’s Diverse World, James A. Banks. Worrying About Diversity of a Different Kind, David C. Berliner. Teach Freedom! William Ayers. What Might Schools of the Future Be Like? Deborah Meier. Preparing Teachers for Tomorrow’s America, Marilyn Cochran-Smith and Christine Power. American Schools, Today and Tomorrow, Alan H. Schoenfeld. Educating the Whole Child: Intellect, Emotion, and Spirit, With Wisdom and Passion, Barbara Day and Elizabeth De Gaynor. Is Meeting the Diverse Needs of All Students Possible? Gloria Ladson-Billings. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU016000 - EDUCATION: History
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU029040 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Social Science
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries - Vol 4 Critical Pedagogues and Their Pedagogical Theories
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries Vol 1 A Critical Annotated Bibliography
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries Vol. 2 A Critical Annotated Bibliography
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries Vol. 3 A Critical Annotated Bibliography
- Exemplary Elementary Social Studies Case Studies in Practice
- Facing Challenges and Complexities in Retention of Novice Teachers
- Truth and Knowledge in Curriculum Making