Sociocultural Influences and Teacher Education Programs
A volume in the series: Research on Sociocultural Influences on Motivation and Learning. Editor(s): Gregory Arief D. Liem, The Education University of Hong Kong.
In this volume we describe exemplary programs in teacher education that attempt to address some of the issues alluded to above. Our authors address theoretical perspectives on the importance of teacher education for improving educational outcomes; the achievement gap between different groups and in particular the significant achievement gap between indigenous students and other minorities and mainstream groups, and how this might be overcome by better trained teachers; and how teachers learn to be effective teachers and are these skills of effective teaching broadly applicable across all educational environments?
Can Teacher Education Close the Achievement Gap. Martin Haberman. Practice Matters: Reflections on the Importance of Teacher Educator's Practice. Jennifer Whitcomb. Standards in American Indian/Alaska Native Education: Preparing Native and non-Native Teachers for Variable Contexts. Denis Viri. Partnership in Teacher Education: Changing Panaceas and Predicaments. Elwyn Thomas. Hopi Teachers for Hopi Schools: Collaborating to Seed Educational Change. Carolyne J. White, Diane Nuvayouma, and Harvey Paymella. Making teaching cultures visible: The Value of Comparative Research. Kathryn M. Anderson-Levitt. Training Jewish and Arab School Counselors in Israel: Exploring a Professional Identity in a Conflicted Society. Hanoch Flum & Avi Kaplan, Ben Gurion. Shaping a Glad Tomorrow: Mandatory Indigenous Studies Teacher Education Courses (as) an International Educational Priority. Rhonda G. Craven. Self-Regulated Learning and the Use of Information and Communications Technology in Norwegian Teacher Education. Ivar Bråten, Helge I. Strømsø, & Bodil S. Olaussen. Teacher Development through Communities of Learning. Richard Walker.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- Big Theories Revisited 2
- Flourishing in Contexts and Cultures Sociocultural Perspectives on Fostering Youth Well-Being
- Promoting Motivation and Learning in Contexts Sociocultural Perspectives on Educational Interventions
- Sociocultural Theories of Learning and Motivation Looking Back, Looking Forward
- Student Perspectives on Assessment What Students Can Tell Us About Assessment for Learning
- Teaching and Learning International Best Practice
- Understanding Developmental Disorders of Auditory Processing, Language and Literacy Across Languages International Perspectives