Teacher Education at the Edge
Expanding Access and Exploring Frontiers
A volume in the series: International Education Inquiries: People, Places, and Perspectives of Education 2030. Editor(s): Tonya Huber, Texas A&M International University.
International Education Inquiries is a book series dedicated to realizing the global vision of Education 2030. This vision involves “ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all.” The founding editors seek to provide a forum for the diverse voices of scholars and practitioners from across the globe asking questions about transforming the vision of Education 2030 into a reality. Published chapters will reflect a variety of formats, free of methodological restrictions, involving disciplinary as well as interdisciplinary inquiries. We expect the series will be a leading forum for pioneers redefining the global discussion about the people, places and perspectives shaping Education 2030 outcomes.
Education 2030 topics of interest include, but are not limited to,
• Improving access to quality early childhood development, care, and pre-primary education;
• Ensuring equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality education;
• Increasing the number of youth and adults who have skills relevant for sustainable living and livelihoods;
• Ensuring equal access for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations;
• Achieving levels of literacy and numeracy required to engage in communities and employment;
• Acquiring the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including:
* Human right
* Gender equality,
* Promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence,
* Global citizenship education,
* The appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contributions to sustainable development,
• Providing safe, non-violent, inclusive and effective learning environments for all;
• Recruiting, preparing, supporting, and retaining quality teachers.
Editor’s Foreword: Recognizing and Recontextualizing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDG 4 Education 2030, James G. O’Meara. Editor’s Introduction: Promoting Lifelong Learning Opportunities for All: Action Steps to Education 2030, Tonya Huber. PART I: PEOPLE, PLACES, AND PERSPECTIVES OF GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION. Keeping Community-Based Participatory Research Practitioners Relevant and Effective Through Orientation, Darren Lortan and Savathrie Maistry. Creating a Culture of Critical Consciousness in Global Citizen Educators, Lorena P. Cestou, Alexandra Reyes, Elizabeth R. Sanmiguel, and Tonya Huber. Creating a Global Teaching Workforce: Reflections on the Status of Teachers and Sustainable Development Goal 4, Irma Eloff and Kate Reynolds. The Palestinian Education System at the Crossroads: Implications for Promoting Globally Competent Citizenry, Mahmoud Suleiman. PART II: PEOPLE, PLACES, AND PERSPECTIVES OF EDUCATION IN THE AMERICAS AND CARIBBEAN. Recursive Interviews with Teacher Candidates: A Dialogue of Service-Learning, Research, and Empowerment as Global Citizen Educators, Martha Guadalupe Lozano and Clarissa Murillo. Encouraging Equitable Access to Higher Education in Bogotá, Colombia: A Case Study of an Innovative Dual-Enrollment Project, Laura Gomez Bermeo and Nick Sorensen. PART III: PEOPLE, PLACES, AND PERSPECTIVES OF EDUCATION IN AFRICA. Quality Learning for All: Policy and Practice of School-Based Continuous Professional Development in Rwanda, Kyoko Yoshikawa Iwasaki, Ryuichi Sugiyama, Sayaka Matsuzuki, Yumiko Ono, Kenji Ohara, and Gnisha Bevan. Schools Have Failed Students: A Systemic Institutional Roadblock to Access to Higher Education in Ghana, West Africa, Olivia A. T. Frimpong Kwapong. Review of Related Literature on Teacher Leadership in Public Secondary Schools in Lagos, Nigeria, Olutola Olujuwon and Juliet Perumal. About the Editors. About the Editorial Advisory Board. About the Contributors. Recognizing Reviewers’ Critical Feedback.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- EDU046000 - EDUCATION: Professional Development
- EDU053000 - EDUCATION: Training & Certification
- Beyond Provincialism Promoting Global Competencies in Teacher and Educator Preparation
- Contemporary Pioneers in Human Learning and Development
- Economic, Political and Legal Solutions to Critical Issues in Urban Education and Implications for Teacher Preparation
- Education Around the Globe Creating Opportunities and Transforming Lives
- Equity-Based Career Development and Postsecondary Transitions An American Imperative
- Pursuit of Liberation Critical Service-Learning as Capacity Building for Historicized, Humanizing, and Embodied Action
- The Wisdom Way of Teaching Educating for Social Conscience and Inner Awakening in the High School Classroom