The Intended Mathematics Curriculum as Represented in State-Level Curriculum Standards
Consensus or Confusion?
A volume in the series: Research in Mathematics Education. Editor(s): Denisse R Thompson, University of South Florida. Mary Ann Huntley, Cornell University. Christine Suurtamm, University of Ottawa.
This volume represents a detailed analysis of the grade placement of mathematics learning goals across all state-level curriculum standards published as of May 2005.
The volume documents the varied grade-level mathematics curriculum expectations in the U.S. and highlights a general lack of consensus across states. As states continue to work to improve learning opportunities for all students this report can serve as a useful summary to inform future curriculum decisions. The report is also intended to stimulate discussion at the national level regarding roles and responsibilities of national agencies and professional organizations with regard to curriculum leadership. Serious and collaborative work that results from such discussions can contribute to a more coherent, focused mathematics curriculum for US students
Preface. Executive Summary. Chapter 1: State-level Curriculum Standards - Growth In Authority And Specificity. Chapter 2: Analysis of Number And Operation Grade-level Learning Expectations in State Standards Documents. Chapter 3: Analysis of K-8 Algebra Grade-level Learning Expectations in State Standards Documents. Chapter 4: Analysis of Emphasis on Reasoning In State Standards Documents. Chapter 5: Recommendations For Future Development of Mathematics Curriculum Standards. References. Appendices. Appendix A: List of State Standards Documents Reviewed. Appendix B: Number of GLEs By State and Content Strand.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- MAT030000 - MATHEMATICS: Study & Teaching
- A Five-Year Study of the First Edition of the Core-Plus Mathematics Curriculum
- Approaches to Studying the Enacted Mathematics Curriculum
- Digital Curricula in School Mathematics
- International Perspectives on Mathematics Curriculum
- Language and Mathematics Education Multiple Perspectives and Directions for Research
- Researching Pedagogy and Practice with Canadian Mathematics Teachers
- Variability is the Rule A Companion Analysis of K-8 State Mathematics Standards