The Legacy of Middle School Leaders
In Their Own Words
A volume in the series: The Handbook of Resources in Middle Level Education. Editor(s): Micki M. Caskey, Portland State University. Steven B. Mertens, Illinois State University.
Sponsored by the Middle Level Education Research SIG of AERA, this inaugural volume in the new IAP book series, The Handbook of Resources in Middle Level Education, focuses on the contributions and impact of the leaders of the modern middle school movement. Contained with this volume are the edited transcripts from 20 extensive interviews of the most influential leaders of the middle level movement, including such notable figures as William Alexander, Donald Eichhorn, John Lounsbury, Conrad Toepfer, and Gordon Vars. This historic volume will be an invaluable resource to proponents, advocates, and students of the middle school concept and developmentally appropriate education for young adolescents.
Introduction to The Handbook of Resources in Middle Level Education Series. Acknowledgements. Preface: The Middle School Legacy Project. Introduction: The Context and Origins of the Middle School Movement. Part I: Founders of the Middle School Movement. Part II: Prominent Leaders in Middle School Education. Part III: Voices of the Past and Visions for the Future. About the Authors. Appendix: The Middle Level Education Legacy Project.
Web price: $62.04 (Reg. 72.99)
Web price: $89.24 (Reg. 104.99)
- As He Saw It Contributions, Memories and Reflections of John H. Lounsbury
- Clinical Preparation at the Middle Level Practices and Possibilities
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Imagine a Place Stories from Middle Grades Educators
- Literature Reviews in Support of the Middle Level Education Research Agenda
- The Encyclopedia of Middle Grades Education (2nd ed.)
- The Online Classroom Resources for Effective Middle Level Virtual Education