The Model Minority Stereotype
Demystifying Asian American Success (Second Edition)
Researchers, higher education administrators, and high school and university students desire a sourcebook like The Model Minority Stereotype: Demystifying Asian American Success. This second edition has updated contents that will assist readers in locating research and literature on the model minority stereotype. This sourcebook is composed of an annotated bibliography on the stereotype that Asian Americans are successful. Each chapter in The Model Minority Stereotype is thematic and challenges the model minority stereotype. Consisting of a twelfth and updated chapter, this book continues to be the most comprehensive book written on the model minority myth to date.
Foreword, Sydney Freeman, Jr. Introduction, Nicholas D. Hartlep. Introduction to the Second Edition, Nicholas D. Hartlep. CHAPTER 1: Testing and Asian American Academic Achievement and Attainment. CHAPTER 2: Who Are Asian Americans? CHAPTER 3: Asian American Socioeconomic Standing. CHAPTER 4: Asian American Health and Social Welfare. CHAPTER 5: Interdisciplinary and Methodologically Approached Research on the Model Minority Stereotype. CHAPTER 6: Encyclopedic and Bibliographic Research on the Model Minority Stereotype. CHAPTER 7: Model Minority Movies and Media. CHAPTER 8: Model Minority Newspaper Articles. CHAPTER 9: Classical Model Minority Articles. CHAPTER 10: Dissertations and Theses on the Model Minority Stereotype. CHAPTER 11: Methodology. CHAPTER 12: Second Edition Updated Materials. Afterword, Robert Teranishi. Permissions. About the Author.
Web price: $62.04 (Reg. 72.99)
Web price: $89.24 (Reg. 104.99)
- SOC020000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: Minority Studies
- SOC008000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: ETHNIC STUDIES: General
- EDU020000 - EDUCATION: Multicultural Education
- BIPOC Alliances Building Communities and Curricula
- Educational Justice Challenges For Ideas, Institutions, and Practices in Chilean Education
- Global Citizenship Education at TAMIU Elevating Education at the Frontera The Role of Faculty and Administrators
- Innovative Curricular and Pedagogical Designs in Bilingual Teacher Education Bridging the Distance with School Contexts
- On Indian Ground Northern Plains
- Racial Dimensions of Life Writing in Education
- Struggling to Find Our Way Rural Educators’ Experiences Working With and Caring for Latinx Students