The Model Minority Stereotype
Demystifying Asian American Success (Second Edition)
Researchers, higher education administrators, and high school and university students desire a sourcebook like The Model Minority Stereotype: Demystifying Asian American Success. This second edition has updated contents that will assist readers in locating research and literature on the model minority stereotype. This sourcebook is composed of an annotated bibliography on the stereotype that Asian Americans are successful. Each chapter in The Model Minority Stereotype is thematic and challenges the model minority stereotype. Consisting of a twelfth and updated chapter, this book continues to be the most comprehensive book written on the model minority myth to date.
Foreword, Sydney Freeman, Jr. Introduction, Nicholas D. Hartlep. Introduction to the Second Edition, Nicholas D. Hartlep. CHAPTER 1: Testing and Asian American Academic Achievement and Attainment. CHAPTER 2: Who Are Asian Americans? CHAPTER 3: Asian American Socioeconomic Standing. CHAPTER 4: Asian American Health and Social Welfare. CHAPTER 5: Interdisciplinary and Methodologically Approached Research on the Model Minority Stereotype. CHAPTER 6: Encyclopedic and Bibliographic Research on the Model Minority Stereotype. CHAPTER 7: Model Minority Movies and Media. CHAPTER 8: Model Minority Newspaper Articles. CHAPTER 9: Classical Model Minority Articles. CHAPTER 10: Dissertations and Theses on the Model Minority Stereotype. CHAPTER 11: Methodology. CHAPTER 12: Second Edition Updated Materials. Afterword, Robert Teranishi. Permissions. About the Author.
Web price: $62.04 (Reg. 72.99)
Web price: $89.24 (Reg. 104.99)
- SOC020000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: Minority Studies
- SOC008000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: ETHNIC STUDIES: General
- EDU020000 - EDUCATION: Multicultural Education
- Black Cultural Capital Activism That Spurred African American High Schools
- Breakthrough From Pandemic Panic to Promising Practice
- Community College and Beyond Understanding the Transfer Pipeline for Latina/o/x Students
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research on Immigration in Early Childhood Education
- Latinx College Students Innovations in Mental Health, Advocacy, and Social Justice Programs
- On Indian Ground Northern Plains
- When Confucius "Encounters" John Dewey A Cross-Cultural Inquiry Into Dewey’s Visit to China