The Ph.D. Mindset
Decoupling Passion from Research
A volume in the series: Research in Management Education and Development. Editor(s): Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch, Canadian University Dubai. Wolfgang Amann, HEC Paris. Hamid H. Kazeroony, North-West University Business School.
This book will explain the doctoral journey, the researcher’s orientation, personal challenges, and process pathway for successful completion. This book will examine doctoral studies' motivation, build a compelling research argument, decide how to structure a thesis/dissertation, remain on task, and expedite the process while maintaining high-quality standards. This book will explain how a Ph.D. candidate should start the process, stay focused on the tasks, separate passion from the process, understand the challenges, and overcome them. We will explain how a Ph.D. mindset should adjust to the processes rather than entrenched in a passion that may not match the process's realities.
Globally, the need for completing doctoral studies is growing. However, prospective doctoral candidates do not always have access to experienced academe who can aid and provide guidance. This book will include the necessary thought process and supportive guidelines along the doctoral journey enabling the delivery of a doctoral thesis/dissertation with more ease.
Ph.D. candidates will use the book for its theoretical and practical insights, explaining each challenge along the doctoral journey with relevant examples. The book will have a fourfold purpose, a thought initiator, a process guide, practical support, and a reference book on specific parts of the doctoral journey. It also includes essays of successful Ph.D. candidates and lessons learned.
Preface. CHAPTER 1: The Doctoral Journey. CHAPTER 2: Building a Scientific Argument. CHAPTER 3: Structuring the Ph.D. Study. CHAPTER 4: Research Writing. CHAPTER 5: Fieldwork Research. CHAPTER 6: Working With the Research Committee, Mentor/Promoter/Supervisor. CHAPTER 7: Stages of Doctoral Project/Work. CHAPTER 8: Publishing & Beyond. CHAPTER 9: Lessons Learnt: Essays From Ph.D. Graduates on Their Ph.D. Mindset and Journey Success. Biographies.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU046000 - EDUCATION: Professional Development
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Advancing African Knowledge Management and Education
- Anti-Corruption in Management Research and Business School Classrooms
- Emerging Web 3.0/Semantic Web Applications in Higher Education Growing Personalization and Wider Interconnections in Learning
- Humanistic Values from Academic Community Perspective
- Management and Business Education in the Time of Artificial Intelligence The Need to Rethink, Retrain, and Redesign
- Phronesis in Business Schools Reflections on Teaching and Learning
- Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) in the Age of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Opportunities, Threats, and the Way Forward