The Race Talk
Drawing on critical race theory, this book critically examines race through a mosaic lens pointing out various issues directly connected to it, such as racial identity politics, racism, multiracialism, interracial relationships, and the hegemony of whiteness. This book goes further to analyze the manner in which socially constructed racial stereotypes contribute to and are used to justify the poor socio-economic situation and marginalization of People of Color, particularly the poor ones. Designed for a broad range of readers, this book aims to open up democratic spaces for genuine discussions about racial issues.
Acknowledgments. 1. The Race Talk. 2. Asserting Multiracialism: Beyond the Hegemony of Whiteness. 3. Racial Identity Politics and Class Divide in The Age of Obamerica. 4. Unpacking [Inter] Racial Relationships between Whites. and People of Color. 5. Examining the Intricacies of Interracial Relationships. 6. Being Blacks and Browns in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Possibilities. 7. On Being a Professor of Color: Battling Invisibility and Microaggression. 8. Black Skin Could Speak: Resistant Narratives for Racial Justice. 9. The Sociopolitical Weight of Race: A Critical Analysis of President Obama, Professor Gates, and Sgt. Crowley’s Racial Controversy. References. About the Author. Index.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- SOC001000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: ETHNIC STUDIES: African American Studies
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- SOC002010 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: ANTHROPOLOGY: Cultural
- As He Saw It Contributions, Memories and Reflections of John H. Lounsbury
- Black Mother Educators Advancing Praxis for Access, Equity, and Achievement
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 2000s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 Issue 4 2020
- On Indian Ground The Southwest
- Teaching Motivation for Student Engagement
- The Pursuit of Excellence Kentucky State University, 1886-2020