The Role of Leadership Educators
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives on Leadership Learning. Editor(s): Kathy L. Guthrie, Florida State University.
Leadership, as a discipline, leadership education, as a field, and leadership educator, as a profession are still in their infancy and rapidly evolving. As professionals in higher education, we are constantly asked to provide opportunities for students to learn leadership, whether that is inside or outside of the classroom. However, very little, if any professional development occurs in how to create such learning opportunities.
This book provides resources for leadership educators in three sections. The first section sets the stage for leadership education and the professional work of leadership educators, culminating with a variety of professional development resources for leadership educators. The second section introduces a leadership learning framework, provides characteristics and examples of strong leadership programs and assessment practices, and describes the transformative practice of leadership education. The third and final section offers specific instructional and assessment strategies ranging from discussion, case study, and reflection, to team-based- and service-learning to self-assessments, role-play, simulation, and games, to fulfill learning outcomes.
Preface. Acknowledgments. SECTION I: LEADERSHIP CAN BE TAUGHT: EDUCATION AND EDUCATOR CHAPTER 1: Setting the Stage: Importance of Leadership Education. CHAPTER 2: Leadership Educator as a Professional Identity. CHAPTER 3: Leadership Educator Resources. SECTION II: DESIGNING OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEADERSHIP LEARNING CHAPTER 4: Leadership Learning Framework. CHAPTER 5: Leadership Education and Learning Contexts. CHAPTER 6: Characteristics of Distinctive Leadership Programs. CHAPTER 7: Distinctive Contextual Leadership Program Examples. CHAPTER 8: Assessment in Leadership Education. SECTION III: DELIVERING LEADERSHIP EDUCATION CHAPTER 9: Leadership: An Applied Discipline. CHAPTER 10: Discussion: Leadership Education’s Signature Pedagogy. CHAPTER 11: Case Study Methods for Leadership Education. CHAPTER 12: Reflection as Leadership Pedagogy. CHAPTER 13: Team-Based Learning: It’s All About Process. CHAPTER 14: Service-Learning as Leadership Pedagogy. CHAPTER 15: Self-Assessment, Peer-Assessment, and Observation Instruments. CHAPTER 16: Role-Play, Simulation, and Games as Leadership Pedagogy. CHAPTER 17: Leadership as Art. References. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- Anchoring Cultural Change and Organizational Change Case Study Research Evaluation Project All Hallows College Dublin 1995-2015
- Changing the Narrative Socially Just Leadership Education
- Creating and Sustaining a Collaborative Mentorship Team A Handbook for Practice and Research
- Girls and Women of Color In STEM Their Journeys in Higher Education
- Thinking to Transform Reflection in Leadership Learning
- Thinking to Transform Companion Manual Facilitating Reflection in Leadership Learning
- Transforming Learning Instructional and Assessment Strategies for Leadership Education