Transforming Healthcare with Big Data and AI
A volume in the series: New Methods in the Era of Big Data and AI. Editor(s): Alex Liu, IBM.
Healthcare and technology are at a convergence point where significant changes are poised to take place. The vast and complex requirements of medical record keeping, coupled with stringent patient privacy laws, create an incredibly unwieldy maze of health data needs. While the past decade has seen giant leaps in AI, machine learning, wearable technologies, and data mining capacities that have enabled quantities of data to be accumulated, processed, and shared around the globe. Transforming Healthcare with Big Data and AI examines the crossroads of these two fields and looks to the future of leveraging advanced technologies and developing data ecosystems to the healthcare field.
This book is the product of the Transforming Healthcare with Data conference, held at the University of Southern California. Many speakers and digital healthcare industry leaders contributed multidisciplinary expertise to chapters in this work. Authors’ backgrounds range from data scientists, healthcare experts, university professors, and digital healthcare entrepreneurs. If you have an understanding of data technologies and are interested in the future of Big Data and A.I. in healthcare, this book will provide a wealth of insights into the new landscape of healthcare.
Preface: Transforming Healthcare with Big Data and AI, Mingbo Gong. An Overview: The Past, Present and Future of Digital Health, Weixiang Chen. The Evolving Internet of Things (IoT) in Healthcare: The Impact of IoT and Communication Technology on Health Care Services, Jerry Power, Steve Garske, and Ken Hayashida. Transforming Healthcare with Artificial Intelligence, Kevin Yamazaki, Benjamin Nguyen, Nathaniel Bischoff, and Cassandra Gibson. The Applications of Blockchain in Healthcare, Hugh Gordon. Harnessing the Power of Social Media Analytics, Atefeh (Anna) Farzindar and Diana Inkpen. Enhancing Healthcare Decision-Making with Data-Driven Methods and Technology, Alexandra C. Ehrlich. Building Predictive Models for Healthcare, Anna Farzindar. A Structural Approach to Statistical Machine Learning for Big Data in Healthcare, Alex Liu and Atefeh (Anna) Farzindar. Informational Pathways from Natural to Artificial Systems, And Back Again, Brian Dolan. About the Authors.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- COM004000 - COMPUTERS: Intelligence (AI) & Semantics
- COM079010 - COMPUTERS: Human Computer Interaction
- MED035000 - MEDICAL: Health Care Delivery
- Application of Artificial Intelligence to Assessment
- Making Healthcare Care Managing via Simple Guiding Principles
- Meta-Scientific Study of Artificial Intelligence
- Organization Development in Healthcare A Guide for Leaders
- Overcoming AIDS Lessons Learned from Uganda
- Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) in the Age of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Opportunities, Threats, and the Way Forward
- Proven Solutions for Improving Health and Lowering Health Care Costs