What Works in Distance Learning
This book documents progress to date in what works in distance learning (DL). An overriding goal of this effort was to create a robust and clear set of design guidelines to support the next generation of DL training. The book is targeted mainly toward the research and program management communities. A companion book contains a set of lessons organized by guideline area. The lessons depict specific guideline areas in terms of how a particular guideline would look instantiated in a lesson.
Background and Purpose, Harold F. O’Neil, Eva L. Baker, and William Bewley. Multimedia Strategies, Richard E. Mayer. Instructional Strategies, Richard Clark. Learning Strategies, Myron H. Dembo and Linda Gubler Junge. Assessment Strategies, Eva L. Baker, Zenaida Aguirre-Muñoz, Jia Wang, and David Niemi. Motivation Strategies, Richard Clark. Self-Regulation Strategies, Harold F. O’Neil and Sanhui (Sabrina) Chuang. Management Strategies, Edward Kazlauskas. Transition and Implementation Issues, Harold F. O’Neil.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- Distance Learning Volume 20 #1
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #3
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #4
- Effective Learning Environments in Higher Education Online Settings Establishing Social Presence
- Quarterly Review of Distance Education Volume 23 #2
- Taking eService-Learning to the Next Level Models and Tools for Next Generation Implementation
- Teaching and Learning Online Science for Secondary Grade Levels