Volume 12 #1
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e'learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
Distance Learning is an official publication of the United States Distance Learning Association, and is co-sponsored by the Fischler School of Education at Nova Southeastern University and Information Age Publishing.
SPECIAL ISSUE: “AND FINALLY” COLUMNS
Introduction To The Special Issue, Michael Simonson
SECTION 1: PLANNING FOR AND TEACHING AT A DISTANCE
Teacher As Skeuomorph. Teacher As What?
Online Instruction—the Seven Virtues: Or, How To Avoid The Seven Deadly Presentation Sins
Designing The “perfect” Online Course
Design: The Fundamental Element
Designing The “perfect” Online Program
Rules Of Thumb, Or Derots
Podcasting … Or “seeds Floated Down From The Sky
Don’t Tell Them: The Top 10 Tips For Student Success In Online Courses
Will You Be My Friend?
Where Is As Important As Why, When, And What
SECTION 2: LEADING AND MANAGING DISTANCE EDUCATION
Distance Learning Leaders—who Are They?
Technology Plans And Distance Education
Accreditation And Quality In Distance Education
If It Is Intellectual, Can It Be Property?
It Costs How Much? Estimating The Costs To Design
And Develop A Distance Delivered Course
Apps: The 3 Rs And The 3 Ps
Ethics And Distance Education
Section 3: Leading And Managing Distance Education
Britannica (Not Wikipedia)
Hooray! Or, Here We Go Again!
Distance Education As A Disruptive Technology
E-books: The Future?
Books, Real And Otherwise
And Finally ... Finding Maturity —by Michael Simonson
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- American Educational History Journal Volume 49
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Volume 24, Numbers 1 & 2, 2022
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Effective Learning Environments in Higher Education Online Settings Establishing Social Presence
- Hope for the Embattled Language Classroom Pedagogies for Well-Being and Trauma Healing
- Quarterly Review of Distance Education Volume 23 #2
- Teaching and Learning Online Science for Secondary Grade Levels