Volume 13 #3
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e'learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors‐‐new and experienced‐‐with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
DISTANCE EDUCATION AND JAMAICA’S HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM, Patricia Georgia Daley Chin.
IMPLEMENTING DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION FOR ONLINE COLLEGE WRITING COURSES: ADDRESSING CHALLENGES AND DEVELOPING BEST PRACTICES, Heather Lunsford and Gretchen Treadwell.
APPLYING ADULT LEARNING PRINCIPLES TO ONLINE COURSE DESIGN, Seth Allen.
SPECIAL SECTION: RICHARD CLARK REVISITED, WHAT HEALTH PROFESSIONALS SAY.
INTRODUCTION TO THE SPECIAL SECTION, Michael Simonson, Editor.
RICHARD CLARK’S “MERE VEHICLES” DEBATE, Brandon Koehler.
THE INFLUENCE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA ON ACHIEVEMENT IN PHYSICAL THERAPY TEACHING, Cory Manton.
ARE MEDIA MERE VEHICLES? Heidi McDermott.
THE IMPACT OF MEDIA ON LEARNING: A PERSPECTIVE FOR PHYSICAL THERAPISTS, Adam Rufa.
MERE VEHICLES—A WHITE PAPER, Rebecca Martin.“MERE VEHICLES”: A WHITE PAPER, Mitchell Selhorst.
ENDS AND MEANS.
What Is Engagement? —by Natalie B. Milman.TRY THIS: Student Backgrounds: One Key to Better Online Classroom Engagement! —by Errol Craig Sull.
ASK ERROL! —by Errol Craig Sull.
AND FINALLY ... E‐books, Online Books, and Real Books —by Michael Simonson
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #3
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 20 #1
- Qualitative Research With Diverse and Underserved Communities
- Quarterly Review of Distance Education Volume 24 #1
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education