Volume 14 #1
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e'learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
COMMENTS FROM THE EDITOR, Michael Simonson.
SPECIAL SECTION: TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION IN HEALTH CARE EDUCATION.
INTRODUCTION TO THE SPECIAL SECTION, Khitam Azaiza, Guest Editor.
USE OF BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE FOR CREATION OF A VIDEO COURSE LIBRARY, Greta Mitzova-Vladinov, Rossana Bizzio-Knott,Mary Hooshmand, Shayne Hauglum, and Khitam Azaiza.
LESSONS LEARNED FROM DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING AN INTERACTIVE END-OF-LIFE EDUCATION MODULE USING RAPTIVITY AND ISPRING, LaToya Lewis-Pierre and Khitam Aziza.
SIMULATION AS A TEACHING TECHNOLOGY: A BRIEF HISTORY OF ITS USE IN NURSING EDUCATION, Jill S Sanko.
FLIPPING THE CLASSROOM WITHOUT FLIPPING OUT THE STUDENTS: WORKING WITH AN INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER IN AN UNDERGRADUATE EVIDENCE-BASED NURSING PRACTICE COURSE, Yui Matsuda, Khitam Azaiza, and Deborah Salani.
FEATURED ARTICLE: DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF DISTANCE DELIVERY DEGREES: A COLLEGIAL CONVERSATION, Tess M. Dussling, Autumn M. Dodge, and John D. Beach.
ENDS AND MEANS. How Can Online Instructors Better Support Their Students —by Natalie B. Milman.
ASK ERROL! —by Errol Craig Sull.
AND FINALLY ... How Much Distance Education is Too Much Distance Education? —by Michael Simonson
Web price: $54.40 (Reg. 64.00)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Democracy at a Crossroads Reconceptualizing Socio-Political Issues in Schools and Society
- Equity & Cultural Responsiveness in the Middle Grades
- Exploring Gender and LGBTQ Issues in K-12 and Teacher Education A Rainbow Assemblage
- Learning with Lenin Selected Works on Education and Revolution
- Transformative Learning in Healthcare and Helping Professions Education Building Resilient Professional Identities
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East