Volume 14 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
INVESTIGATING TWITTER USE IN LOWER DIVISION ONLINE CLASSROOMS, Bjorn Mercer and Amy Winger.
QUALITATIVE PHENOMENOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT, Varvara Gasparyan.
THE ROLE OF COMPUTER SIMULATIONS AND DIGITAL GAMING IN DISTANCE EDUCATION, Linda R. Rivers.
GEORGIA VIRTUAL TECHNICAL CONNECTION: DISTANCE EDUCATION FOR GEORGIA’S TECHNICAL COLLEGES, Theresa West.
BROWARD VIRTUAL SCHOOL: PREPARING STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS, Adrienne Fuller.
TELEHEALTH: CHANGING HEALTHCARE FOR HUMANS AND ANIMALS, Lee S. Nagy.
ENDS AND MEANS. What Is Problem-Based Learning? — by Natalie B. Milman.
TRY THIS—A Crucial Relationship: The Faculty Manager and the Online Educator, Errol Craig Sull and Kathy Embry.
ASK ERROL! — by Errol Craig Sull.
AND FINALLY ... Online Courses Have Three Critical Components (and Learning Management Systems Are Not One of Them) — by Michael Simonson
Web price: $54.40 (Reg. 64.00)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Decolonizing Qualitative Approaches for and by the Caribbean
- Democracy at a Crossroads Reconceptualizing Socio-Political Issues in Schools and Society
- Growing the Knowledge Base in Evaluation The Contributions of J. Bradley Cousins
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- Transformative Learning in Healthcare and Helping Professions Education Building Resilient Professional Identities
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East