Volume 16 #1
Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
Comments from the Editor, Michael Simonson.
Comments from the Managing Editor, Kathleen Hagen.
Using Google Earth to Support Active Learning in an Online Geology Course, Shelly Wyatt and John Werner.
Using Technology in Online Courses, Frances Bernat and Patricia C. Ábrego.
Online Educator Entrepreneurship with Facilitator-Created, Subject-Specific Targeted Videos, Jamie A. Marcus.
How Online Teaching Made Me a Better Instructor on Campus, Michael Lohle.
Improving the Learning Process in Higher Education Using a Predictive Tool, Rubén De Jesús Liriano and María C. Sevillano.
Self-Paced, Process-Based Online Mathematics, Shari Stupp, Keith Nabb, and Danielle Goodwin.COLUMNS:
ENDS AND MEANS: Transforming Traditional, Face-to- Face Courses to Online or Blended Learning Environments: Advice for Faculty and Instructional Designers—by Marjorie Bazluki and Natalie B. Milman.
TRY THIS: The Gold Standard for Mentoring New Faculty—by Errol Craig Sull and Kathy Embry.
ASK ERROL!—by Errol Craig Sull.
AND FINALLY...Open Access—by Michael Simonson.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #3
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #4
- Hope for the Embattled Language Classroom Pedagogies for Well-Being and Trauma Healing
- Lift Every Voice Radford University Teacher Education Students
- Middle Grades Research Journal Volume 13 #2
- Teaching and Learning Online Science for Secondary Grade Levels