Volume 17 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
FEATURED ARTICLES Pandemic Pedagogy: Purposeful Decisions to Support Students’ Emotional Well-Being and Academic Growth, Autumn M. Dodge, Tess M. Dussling, and Stefanie B. Copp. Employing Design-Thinking to Create Opportunities for ECSE Teacher Candidate Reflection Through Infographic Design in an Online Course, Sarika S. Gupta and James Lewin-Smith. Rethinking our Work as Literacy Educators: Cultivating Critical Thinking Skills Among Graduate Students in an Online Learning Environment, Anne Katz and Sharryn Larsen Walker. The Effect of Distance Education on Information Literacy—Case Study: Iran, Mohsen Keshavarz. Looking Through the Lens of Online Faculty in Higher Education, Theresa West. COLUMNS: ENDS AND MEANS: Discovering a Digital Oasis—Rural Education Students and Online Education—by Ashley Stone and Natalie B. Milman. TRY THIS: Online Teaching and the COVID-19 Virus: An Essential Guide—by Errol Craig Sull. ASK ERROL!—by Errol Craig Sull. AND FINALLY ... Blending In: All the News That’s Fit to Print—by Michael Simonson.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Artificial Intelligence and its Impact on Business
- Collaboration, Narrative, and Inquiry That Honor the Complexity of Teacher Education
- Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining Volume 4
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Volume 22, Numbers 1 & 2, 2020
- Maximizing the Policy-Relevance of Research for School Improvement
- Movies and Moral Dilemma Discussions A Practical Guide to Cinema Based Character Development
- Purveyors of Change School Leaders of Color Share Narratives of Student, School, and Community Success