Volume 18 #1
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
FEATURED ARTICLES: Equivalency (Theory) In a Time of Educational Crisis—An Editorial, Michael Simonson. The Impact and Interrelationship of Teaching, Cognitive, and Social Presence in Face-to-Face, Blended, and Online Masters Courses, Jennifer Courduff, Heekap Lee, and Jessica Cannaday. The Impact of Transitioning to Online Learning and Virtual Conferences on Students and Educators During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Jia Borror, Sarah Ransdell, Jenna Binaco, and April Feeser. Isolation, Burnout, and a Lost Sense of Belonging: Combating the Challenges of Distance Education Through a Pandemic, Kelly L. Heider. Undergraduates’ Email Response Expectations and Instructor Responsiveness: Traditional Versus Online Courses, LeAnn Wilkie and Joseph A. Rosendale. COLUMNS: ENDS AND MEANS: Artificial Intelligence: Evolving Conceptions and Considerations for Online Educators—by Jessa Henderson and Natalie B. Milman. TRY THIS: A Miniguide to Revising an Online Course—by Errol Craig Sull. ASK ERROL!—by Errol Craig Sull. AND FINALLY ... Crisis Planning—The Time to Plan is Now—by Michael Simonson.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #3
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 20 #1
- Distance Learning Volume 20 #3
- Qualitative Research With Diverse and Underserved Communities
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education