Volume 18 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
FEATURED ARTICLES: Determinants for Completion of Online Undergraduate Degree Studies in the Anglophone Caribbean, Pamela C. Dottin. Connectivity Beyond the Bandwidth, Barbara Ann M. Messina. Opportunities to Address Student Mental Health Concerns in Fully Online, Asynchronous First-Year Writing Classes, Charlotte Moore. Deepening Discussion in Online Learning Through High-Impact Practices, Amy Winger. Overcoming “Hybrid” Classroom Challenges with Wireless Audio Amplification, Joe Martinez. COLUMNS: ENDS AND MEANS: Cultivating Swift Trust in Virtual Teams in Online Courses—by Natalie B. Milman. TRY THIS: Responding to Multicultural Plagiarism in the Online Course—by Errol Craig Sull. ASK ERROL!—by Errol Craig Sull. AND FINALLY ... The Night Is Dark and I Am Far From Home—by Michael Simonson.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #3
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 20 #1
- Qualitative Research With Diverse and Underserved Communities
- Quarterly Review of Distance Education Volume 24 #1
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education