Volume 19 #1
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
FEATURED ARTICLES: Approaches Toward Digital Stratified Project-Based Learning, Leonard Hammer. Student Support Service in Virtual Learning Environments: McKenna Content Analysis Method, Mojgan Mohammadimehr, Mohsen Keshavarz, and Zohrehsadat Mirmoghtadaie. Students, Presentations, and the Pandemic: Restructuring Assignments, and Assessment, Cheyenne Seymour. Smile, Wink, Laugh: Incorporating Emojis to Increase Students’ Perception of Instructor Humanness in an Online Spanish Course, Shelly Wyatt and María T. Redmon. Evaluation and Investigation of Prescience Teachers’ Perceptions Toward Distance Education, Nesrin Ürün Arici and Emre Yildiz. COLUMNS: ENDS AND MEANS: Preparing for and Cultivating Instructional Continuity in Online Courses, —by Natalie B. Milman. TRY THIS: Labor-Based Grading: Perfect for Distance Learning! —by Errol Craig Sull. ASK ERROL!: —by Errol Craig Sull. AND FINALLY... Interactive Instructional Videos by Michael Simonson.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Continuous Improvement A Leadership Process for School Improvement
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #4
- Distance Learning Volume 20 #1
- Distance Learning Volume 19 #3
- Faculty Development Achieving Change Through Action Research
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education