Journal of Character Education
Vol. 10 #2
A volume in the series: Journal of Character Education. Editor(s): Marvin W Berkowitz, University of Missouri - St. Louis. Jonathan M. Tirrell, Tufts University.
The Journal of Character Education is the one professional journal in education devoted to character education. Our goal is to cover the field—from the latest research to applied best practices. We include editorials and conceptual articles by the best minds in our field, reviews of latest books, ideas and examples of the integration with character education of socio‐emotional learning and other relevant strategies, manuscripts by educators that describe best practices in teaching and learning related to character education, and Character Education Partnership (CEP) updates and association news.
Teaching to Strengths: Character Education for Urban Middle School Students, Meghan F. Oppenheimer, Claire Fialkov, Bruce Ecker, and Sanford Portnoy
Social-Emotional and Character Development: A Theoretical Orientation, Frank J. Snyder
Exploring Characteristics of Young Adult Men: Initial Findings From a Mixed Methods Evaluation of an All-Male, Character-Focused Trade School, Sara K. Johnson, Rachel M. Hershberg, Miriam R. Arbeit, Lisette M. DeSouza, Kristina Schmid Callina, Akira S. Gutierrez, Daniel J.A. Warren, Elise M. Harris, Rachel O. Rubin, Jacqueline V. Lerner, and Richard M. Lerner
Educating for Moral Identity: An Analysis of Three Moral Identity Constructs With Implications for Moral Education, Tonia Bock and Peter L. Samuelson
Born Again Character Education Teacher: A Math Teacher’s Journey, Mark Schumacker
What Do You Hope Kids Are Doing 20 Years After Graduation?
Observations on Goals, Purpose, and the Journal of Character Education’s Inaugural Issue, David Streight
- Developing Culturally Responsive Learning Environments in Postsecondary Education
- Faculty Learning Communities Communities of Practice that Support, Inspire, Engage and Transform Higher Education Classrooms
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Journal of Character Education Vol. 18 #1
- Latinx College Students Innovations in Mental Health, Advocacy, and Social Justice Programs
- Qualitative Research for Diverse and Underserved Communities
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education