Journal of Character Education
Vol. 11 #1
A volume in the series: Journal of Character Education. Editor(s): Marvin W Berkowitz, University of Missouri - St. Louis. Jonathan M. Tirrell, Tufts University.
The Journal of Character Education is the one professional journal in education devoted to character education. Our goal is to cover the field—from the latest research to applied best practices. We include editorials and conceptual articles by the best minds in our field, reviews of latest books, ideas and examples of the integration with character education of socio‐emotional learning and other relevant strategies, manuscripts by educators that describe best practices in teaching and learning related to character education, and Character Education Partnership (CEP) updates and association news.
Guest Editor Introduction, Francisco Esteban
Wilhelm von Humboldt, Cardinal John Henry Newman and José Ortega y Gasset: Back to the Future of University Education, Francisco Esteban
What Part Does University Play in the Development of a Caring Character Disposition for Nurses? Some Theoretical, Historical, and Empirical Considerations, Sandra Cooke
Actualizing Moral Education in Japan’s Tertiary Sector: Reitaku University’s Response to Today’s Challenges, Osamu Nakayama.
The Complexity of Character: An Ability‐Based Model for Higher Education, Sandra E. Graham and Mary E. Diez
Moral and Character Education: A Ground‐Truth Perspective, Richard H. Hersh
- Faculty Development Achieving Change Through Action Research
- Faculty Learning Communities Communities of Practice that Support, Inspire, Engage and Transform Higher Education Classrooms
- Faculty Learning Communities Working Towards a More Equitable, Just, and Antiracist Future in Higher Education
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Journal of Character Education Vol. 18 #1
- Navigating the Ubiquitous, Misunderstood, and Evolving Role of the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator in Higher Education
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education