The SoJo Journal
Volume 3 #2
Brad J. Porfilio, Seattle University
A volume in the series: The SoJo Journal. Editor(s): Brad J. Porfilio, Seattle University.
The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations and Social Justice Education is an international peerreviewed journal of educational foundations. The Department of Educational Leadership at California State University, East Bay, whose mission is to prepare and influence bold, socially responsible leaders who will transform the world of schooling, hosts the journal. It publishes essays that examine contemporary educational and social contexts and practices from critical perspectives. The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations and Social Justice Education is interested in research studies as well as conceptual, theoretical, philosophical, and policy‐analysis essays that advance educational practices that challenge the existing state of affairs in society, schools, and (in)formal education.
The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations and Social Justice Education is necessary because currently there is not an exclusively international, Foundations of Education journal. For instance, three of the leading journal in Education Foundations journals (e.g., The Journal of Educational Studies, British Journal of Sociology of Education, The Journal of Educational Foundations) solicit manuscripts and support scholarship mainly from professors who reside in Britain and the United States. This journal is also unique because it will bring together scholars and practitioners from disciplines outside of Educational Foundations, who are equally committed to social hange and promoting equity and social justice inside and outside of K‐16 schools.
Critical Media Literacy, Social Justice, and Equity in the Trumpocalypse
Guest Editor’s Note: Critical Media Literacy, Social Justice, and Equity in the Trumpocalypse, William M. Reynolds
Branding the Presidency: Trump and the New Politics of Representation, Julie Webber.
Preparing Educators to Teach Critical Media Literacy, Jeff Share.
Critical Media Literacy in the Age of the Neoliberal University: Challenges, Strategies, and Rewards, Lori Bindig Yousman.
“Walk It Off”: Feminism, Critical Media Literacy, and My Long Journey Away From Hypermasculinity, Bill Yousman.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU029040 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Social Science
- Collaborative Learning in a Global World
- Critical Intersections In Contemporary Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Democracy's Discontent and Civic Learning Multiple Perspectives
- EDUQUALITY Human Centered Quality Management in Education. A Model for Deployment, Assessment and Sustainability
- It’s Being Done in Social Studies Race, Class, Gender and Sexuality in the Pre/K-12 Curriculum
- More Like Life Itself Simulations as Powerful and Purposeful Social Studies
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum