The SoJo Journal
Volume 4 #2
A volume in the series: The SoJo Journal. Editor(s): Brad J. Porfilio, California State University, Stanislaus. Azadeh F. Osanloo, New Mexico State University.
The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations and Social Justice Education is an international, peer-reviewed journal of educational foundations. The College of Education at San Jose State University hosts the journal. It publishes essays that examine contemporary educational and social contexts and practices from critical perspectives. The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations and Social Justice Education is interested in research studies as well as conceptual, theoretical, philosophical, and policy-analysis essays that challenge the existing state of affairs in society, schools, and (in)formal education.
Transformative Educational Leadership Praxis Engaged With Critical Race and Whiteness Theory, Joshua Bornstein and Daniel D. Liou. Transformative Leadership to Confront White Supremacist Discipline Practices During Turnaround School Reform, Joshua Bornstein. Transforming Education for Students of Color: Reenvisioning Teacher Leadership for Educational Justice, Leticia Rojas. Responding to the “Trump Effect”: Using Transformative Leadership and Critical Race Curriculum to Uplift One Middle School’s Racialized Climate, Kelly Deits-Cutler. Transforming Academic Advising: Implementing Validating Advising Experiences With First-Generation Latina Engineering Students, Tamara Coronella. Affirming Immigrant Families’ Educational Expectations: Race-Conscious Transformative Leadership Breaking the Educational Racial Contract, Daniel D. Liou and Cheryl E. Matias. Transformative Leaders in the Making: Understanding Adolescent Leadership Development Through Student Voice, Service-Learning, and Social Justice, David L. Sorkin. Holding School Leaders to Higher Expectations: Embodying the “Transformative” in Educational Leadership, Daniel D. Liou and Joshua Bornstein.
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU029040 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Social Science
- Compassionate Leadership for School Improvement and Renewal
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Navigating the Ubiquitous, Misunderstood, and Evolving Role of the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator in Higher Education
- Polling Student Voices for School Improvement A Guide for Educational Leaders - 2nd Edition
- Rekindling Embers of the Soul An Examination of Spirituality Issues Relating to Teacher Education
- Teaching Peace Through Popular Culture 2nd Edition
- The Fear Problematique Role of Philosophy of Education in Speaking Truths to Powers in a Culture of Fear