IAP BOOK SERIES
African American Male Series: Guiding the Next Generation Through Mentoring, Teaching and Counseling
The African American Male Series: Guiding the Next Generation Through Mentoring, Teaching and Counseling explores the Black male student experience from kindergarten to graduate and professional education. In particular, works within the series include information on persistence, representation, achievement, and other factors, and a presentation of emergent themes in the scholarly literature on Black males.
Given the paucity of literature in some areas, authors/editors may need to draw upon research from Black male experiences in these areas and try to establish logical connections. If an individual has conducted primary research, this series can be utilized as an opportunity to present work and make recommendations for practice and policy to which concrete ideas are presented for putting research and theory into practice. In addition, recommendations for future research is warranted. The tone of works ought to be scholarly in nature; however, authors/editors should keep both a practitioner and research audience in mind when framing their work.
Book proposal submissions, showcasing Black male studies in education, are requested for the series.
- Advances in Attribution Theory
- Authentic Voices of Teaching and Learning in Education
- Classics in Distance Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives on Black Homeschooling
- Contemporary Perspectives on Semiotics in Education: Signs, Meanings and Multimodality
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social and Emotional Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives on Spirituality in Education
- Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines
- Critical Perspectives on Democratic Citizenship in Education
- Digital Media and Learning
- Higher Education Leadership & Study of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Instructional Technology Guidebooks for Educators and Parents
- Marxist, Socialist, and Communist Studies in Education
- Studies in the Philosophy of Education
- The Handbook of Research in Middle Level Education
- Transformative Pedagogies in Teacher Education
- UCEA Leadership Series