IAP BOOK SERIES
Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining
The series, Contemporary Perspectives on Data Mining, is composed of blind refereed scholarly research methods and applications of data mining. This series will be targeted both at the academic community, as well as the business practitioner.
Data mining seeks to discover knowledge from vast amounts of data with the use of statistical and mathematical techniques. The knowledge is extracted form this data by examining the patterns of the data, whether they be associations of groups or things, predictions, sequential relationships between time order events or natural groups.
Data mining applications are seen in finance (banking, brokerage, insurance), marketing (customer relationships, retailing, logistics, travel), as well as in manufacturing, health care, fraud detection, home-land security, and law enforcement.
- Advances in Information Processing
- Classics in Distance Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives in Philosophy and Technology
- Contemporary Perspectives on Technological Innovation, Management and Policy
- Current Perspectives on Applied Information Technologies
- Digital Media and Learning
- Educational Design and Technology in the Knowledge Society
- Emerging Information Technologies: Applications, Innovations, and Research
- Instructional Technology Guidebooks for Educators and Parents
- Nebraska Symposium on Information Technology in Education
- Perspectives in Instructional Technology and Distance Education
- Research on Technology and the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics: Syntheses, Cases, and Perspectives
- Research, Innovation & Methods in Educational Technology
- Teaching and Learning Online
- The USDLA Book Series on Distance Learning