IAP BOOK SERIES
Contemporary Perspectives on Problem-Based Learning
Call for ProposalsEditors for this new series, published by Information Age, are seeking proposals for volume authors or editors for new volumes in the series. The concept of “problem-based learning” (PBL) is one of those buzz words that scholars and researchers in academic settings frequently use to describe the context of their work. However, this concept is used in many different ways, depending on the focus of the study, the discipline, and many other variables that may influence how learning is examined in the context of a “problem.” This series aims to provide a venue for scholars to explore, in depth, the concept of PBL in particular, specific contexts, as well as to explore contemporary issues related to PBL.
Topics of interest include:
• Theoretical explorations of the concept of PBL
• Putting theories related to PBL into practice
• Research that explores specific PBL contexts
• A combination of theory, practice, and/or research
Proposals for a volume in the series must include the following (in a single file in Word or PDF):
1. A clearly described theme/topic for the volume
2. An outline of possible chapter topics
3. A clearly described rationale that describes the significance of the topic and how it contributes something new to the topic of learning environments.
4. A description of the targeted market and how you envision the volume being used (What courses would it be used for? Would it be a primary text or a supplementary text for the course? Are there similar books on the market? If so, how will this volume be different?)
5. If an edited volume, a list of possible contributors, and a brief bio of each contributor. If an authored volume, a bio of each author. A sample chapter may also be included, but is not required.
6. Proposed timeline from start to submission to publisher in final form.
While we accept submissions on a rolling basis, we are especially looking for manuscripts that will be ready for publication in 2020 or 2021.
For questions about the series or proposal preparation, or to submit your proposal, please e-mail the series editors: Paul Iida (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mary Frances Agnello (email@example.com), and Colette M. Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Paul Iida
Akita International University
- Mary Frances Agnello
Akita International University
- Colette M. Taylor
- Contemporary Issues in Accreditation, Assessment, and Program Evaluation Research in Educator Preparation
- Contemporary Perspectives on Black Homeschooling
- Contemporary Perspectives on Learning Environments
- Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines
- Current Perspectives on School/University/Community Research
- Current Research in Rural and Regional Education
- Journal of Research on Organization in Education
- Out-of-School-Time STEM Programs for Females: Implications for Research and Practice
- Research Focus on Education and Sport
- Research in Life Writing and Education
- Survey Methods in Educational Research
- Teacher Induction Research, Policy, and Practice: A Global Perspective
- Theory to Practice: Educational Psychology for Teachers and Teaching
CONNECT WITH US
SHARE THIS PAGE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE