IAP BOOK SERIES
Contemporary Perspectives on Spirituality in Education
The results of the 2016 U.S. election, the COVID-19 pandemic, racial unrest, economic uncertainty, and subsequent policies at the federal and local level have led some to refer to the country as "The Divided States of America." However, segments of society are drawing upon their faith and spirituality to develop strategies to mend social relationships and fragmented communities. The Contemporary Perspectives on Spirituality in Education Book Series will feature volumes geared towards understanding and exploring the role of spirituality in addressing challenge, conflict, and marginalization within all sectors of education in the U.S. and internationally. Scholarly work informed by research and/or practice is welcome.
Call for Book Proposals
Proposals for volumes in the book series must include the proposal itself and a sample chapter. The deadline for Contemporary Perspectives on Spirituality in Education book proposals is open and ongoing. Questions to address in the book proposalâ€™s 2-3 page Statement of Purpose include:
â€¢ Who is/are the author(s)/editor(s)?
â€¢ If this is an edited volume, include a list of contributors/affiliations. Please indicate if this is a tentative list.
â€¢ Who is your audience for this book? (e.g., academic or professional, adoption potential or reference work)?
â€¢ How could the book be marketed (e.g., are there professional societies or SIGs that would be interested in this book)?
â€¢ How do you expect readers to make use of this book?
â€¢ How does the book extend current knowledge in your field of study?
â€¢ How does the project explore previously unrecognized or infrequently considered topics in the literature?
â€¢ How this work fits in with the published literature
â€¢ If any of the information about the book or its author(s) is tentative
â€¢ The length of the project
â€¢ Your schedule for delivery of the final draft
â€¢ About any special production issues such as complicated graphics, artwork, and photos.
â€¢ Whether you are submitting your proposal to other prospective publishers.
In addition to this Statement of Purpose, please add:
â€¢ An outline of the book that provides a short narrative description of each chapter. For edited volumes, provide a list of the chapter titles or topics that will be covered.
â€¢ A resume or curriculum vitae for the authors(s) or editor(s).
â€¢ A sample chapter or section if available, or a sample of a journal article or conference paper similar to the proposed volume.
Submissions and inquiries may be addressed to the Book Series Editor:
Dannielle Joy Davis, Ph.D., School of Education, Saint Louis University
- Advances in Attribution Theory
- African American Male Series: Guiding the Next Generation Through Mentoring, Teaching and Counseling
- Classics in Distance Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives in Management Spirituality and Religion
- Contemporary Perspectives on Semiotics in Education: Signs, Meanings and Multimodality
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social and Emotional Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines
- Critical Perspectives on Democratic Citizenship in Education
- Current Perspectives on Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism, and Education
- Digital Media and Learning
- Instructional Technology Guidebooks for Educators and Parents
- Marxist, Socialist, and Communist Studies in Education
- Research on Religion and Education
- Studies in the Philosophy of Education
- The Handbook of Research in Middle Level Education
- Transformative Pedagogies in Teacher Education
- UCEA Leadership Series
CONNECT WITH US
SHARE THIS PAGE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE