IAP BOOK SERIES
Teacher Education in Global Contexts: Promoting Culturally Sustaining Teachers and Teacher Educators
Teacher education as a discipline is relatively a new field, but as a profession it has a long history that could be tracked back thousands of years ago. In almost every country teacher education is under scrutiny, partially due to the increasing public concern over the availability and quality of public education. This is especially the case in an increasingly integrated and competitive global economy.
In spite of the increased awareness of globalized teacher education, there is limited empirical research on quality of teacher education practices due to the complexity of contextual factors related to teacher education. On one hand, educational researchers and scholars in different international contexts argue that teacher educators should model practices to allow teacher candidates to witness and understand complex and ambitious teaching practices. On the other hand, there is limited guidance for consistent and culturally sustaining practices.
In order to address these issues, this book series has the following objectives:
1. Explore historical, sociocultural, and linguistic aspects of teacher education programs in global contexts.
2. Identify essential components of culturally sustaining teacher education curricula in different cultural contexts.
3. Demonstrate inclusive and equitable teacher education practices in diverse settings across the world.
4. Promote high-quality teacher education in global contexts.
This book series will start with three books co-edited by the series editors, each book consisting of 9-12 chapters.
Book 1: Transformative Teacher Education in Global Contexts
Book 2: TESOL Education in Global Contexts
Book 3: Ethics and Character Education in Global Contexts
An Open Call for Book Proposals for edited and authored books will be available soon.
- Caribbean Discourse in Inclusive Education
- Comparative International Research
- Current Research in Rural and Regional Education
- International Advances in Education: Global Initiatives for Equity and Social Justice
- International Higher Education
- International Perspectives on Educational Policy, Research and Practice
- International Review of History Education
- International Social Studies Forum: The Series
- Issues in the Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice of Urban Education
- Research in Global Child Advocacy
- Research in Multicultural Education and International Perspectives
- Research on Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East