IAP BOOK SERIES
Teacher Induction Research, Policy, and Practice: A Global Perspective
Teacher induction is a beginning stage of teachersâ€™ career, where they receive the support to enhance transition, socialization, retention, and quality at workplace so that they can become much more committed to teaching and effective teachers for studentsâ€™ learning. Over last decades, teacher induction policies, programs, and practices have been initiated, developed, and implemented to reduce teacher attrition and support teacher learning in many countries as part of the larger effect to reform teaching practices and education of children to meet the needs of the emerging global economy and social transformation as the result.
Such developments help create needs for the various stakeholders of teacher induction in different countries to understand each otherâ€™s work, learn from each otherâ€™s lessons, and use such understanding and learning to inform their own teacher induction. However, there has not been any effort to systematically synthesize and analyze teacher induction policies, programs, and practices in various countries and put these syntheses and analyses together in one place to serve for the needs for mutual understanding and learning across different countries.
This edited book series serves for such needs by analyzing the focuses, assumptions, and major deliveries of influential policy initiatives, quality programs, and rigorous practices popularly developed, and implemented in various countries for the purposes of teacher retention and development. It includes books edited by the eminent scholars in the field of teacher induction, each of which will be contributed by the experienced scholars, policy analysts, and teacher educators in field from different countries. It is expected to attract readers including scholars, policy makers, practitioners, and graduate students in different countries who have interests in teacher induction research, policy, and practice.
- Contemporary Issues in Accreditation, Assessment, and Program Evaluation Research in Educator Preparation
- Contemporary Perspectives on Black Homeschooling
- Contemporary Perspectives on Learning Environments
- Contemporary Perspectives on Problem-Based Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines
- Current Perspectives on School/University/Community Research
- Current Research in Rural and Regional Education
- Journal of Research on Organization in Education
- Out-of-School-Time STEM Programs for Females: Implications for Research and Practice
- Research Focus on Education and Sport
- Research in Life Writing and Education
- Survey Methods in Educational Research
- Theory to Practice: Educational Psychology for Teachers and Teaching