Definition and Glossary of Terms (Second Edition)
Distance Education has become a major topic of interest in the field of educational communications and technology. In response to this interest, the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) published the first edition of Distance Education: Definition and Glossary of Terms in 2002.
The second edition of this monograph was begun in 2005. While the definition of distance education was changed only slightly, the glossary of terms was updated significantly under the supervision of Joann Flick and members of AECT’s Division of Distance Learning. The definition of distance education and much of the supporting narrative offered in this edition of Distance Education: Definition and Glossary of Terms is based on Teaching and Learning at a Distance: Foundations of Distance Education, 3rd. edition (2006). This information is used with permission.
Acknowledgments. Preface. Defining Distance Education. Emerging Definitions. A Brief History of Distance Education. Theory and Distance Education. Summary. Glossary of Terms. References. Additional Readings.
"Accolades are due to the authors as they have provided a straightforward reference guide on what constitutes distance education. ... Whether you are a novice or an expert in this field, the glossary of terms developed for the book should strike you as comprehensive and well defined." Glen Fogerty in Education Review
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- (Re)Imagining Elementary Social Studies A Controversial Issues Reader
- Envisioning Scholar-Practitioner Collaborations Communities of Practice in Education and Sport
- Faith and Work Christian Perspectives, Research and Insights into the Movement
- Implementing and Analyzing Performance Assessments in Teacher Education
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change
- Views from Inside Languages, Cultures, and Schooling for K‐12 Educators
- Visions from Professional Development School Partners Connecting Professional Development and Clinical Practice