Fieldbook of ibstpi Evaluator Competencies
Darlene F. Russ-Eft, Oregon State University
Marcie J. Bober-Michel, San Diego State University
Tiffany A. Koszalka, Syracuse University
Catherine M. Sleezer, Training and Performance Improvement Specialists
A volume in the series: The Ibstpi Book Series. Editor(s):
The book, Evaluator Competencies: Standards for the Practice of Evaluation, details the development and validation of evaluator competencies by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (ibstpi). Developing an understanding of the ibstpi Evaluator Competencies may not be sufficient for individuals to determine how to improve their, or their colleagues', competencies. This Fieldbook provides additional information, resources, and tools to assist those who want to improve their own competencies or those who want to help other individuals improve. Thus, the goals for the present companion volume are:
• To provide additional practical information in each of the four evaluator domains (i.e., professional foundations, planning and designing the evaluation, implementing the evaluation plan, and managing the evaluation).
• To present practical tools and resources that support specific evaluator competencies, whether as an internal or an external evaluator.
• To offer practical insights on the evaluator competencies from experienced evaluators.
• To provide practical evaluation exercises and resources that can be used with undergraduate and graduate courses.
Overview and Purpose. DOMAIN: PROFESSIONAL FOUNDATIONS. 1. Communicate Effectively in Written, Oral, and Visual Form. 2. Choosing an Evaluator. 3. Demonstrate Effective Interpersonal Skills. 4. Observe Ethical and Legal Standards. 5. Demonstrate an Awareness of the Politics of Evaluation. DOMAIN: PLANNING AND DESIGNING THE EVALUATION. 6. Develop an Effective Evaluation Plan. 7. Develop a Management Plan for the Evaluation. 8. Devise Data Collection Strategies to Support the Evaluation Questions and Design. 9. Pilot Test the Data Collection Instruments and Procedures. DOMAIN: IMPLEMENTING THE EVALUATION PLAN. 10. Collect Data. 11. Analyze and Interpret Data. 12. Disseminate and Follow Up the Findings and Recommendations. DOMAIN: MANAGING THE EVALUATION. 13. Monitor the Evaluation Plan. 14. Work Effectively With Personnel and Stakeholders. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU007000 - EDUCATION: Curricula
- BUS030000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining Volume 3
- Instructional Designer Competencies The Standards (Fourth Edition)
- International Perspectives on Mathematics Curriculum
- Online Learner Competencies Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes for Successful Learning in Online Settings
- Social Studies Teacher Education Critical Issues and Current Perspectives
- The Growing Out-of-School Time Field Past, Present, and Future
- Visions from Professional Development School Partners Connecting Professional Development and Clinical Practice