Quarterly Review of Distance Education
Volume 17 #2
A volume in the series: Quarterly Review of Distance Education - Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University. Charles Schlosser, Nova Southeastern University.
The Quarterly Review of Distance Education is a rigorously refereed journal publishing articles, research briefs, reviews, and editorials dealing with the theories, research, and practices of distance education. The Quarterly Review publishes articles that utilize various methodologies that permit generalizable results which help guide the practice of the field of distance education in the public and private sectors. The Quarterly Review publishes full-length manuscripts as well as research briefs, editorials, reviews of programs and scholarly works, and columns. The Quarterly Review defines distance education as institutionally-based formal education in which the learning group is separated and interactive technologies are used to unite the learning group.
A Qualitative Method to Promote Equivalent Learning Outcomes, James N. Slear, Susan E. Slear, Daniel A. Connelly, Ellen H. Reames, and Patricia Maggard
Enhancing Students’ Self-Efficacy, Elaboration, and Critical Thinking Skills in a Collaborative Teacher Education Program, Hungwei Tseng, Teresa Gardner, and Hsin-Te Yeh
Second Life as a Third Place for English Language Learners’ Cross-Cultural Interaction, Tahani Aldosemani, Craig Shepherd, Jason Thompson, and Ali Raddaoui
Learning Management System Usage: Perspectives From University Instructors, Darrell S. Walker, James R. Lindner, Theresa Pesl Murphrey, and Kim Dooley
Rethinking Education in the Age of Technology: The Digital Revolution and Schooling in America, by Allan Collins and Richard Halverson, Reviewed by Frank C. Gomez, Jr.
Handbook of Research on E-Learning Methodologies for Language Acquisition, by Rita de Cassia Veiga Marriott and Patricia Lupion Torres (Eds.) Reviewed by Patricia Burnett
Author Biographical Data
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- A Guide to College Success for Post-traditional Students 2nd Edition
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 20 # 1 & 2
- More Like Life Itself Simulations as Powerful and Purposeful Social Studies
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- No Reluctant Citizens Teaching Civics in K-12 Classrooms
- Preparing Middle Level Educators for 21st Century Schools Enduring Beliefs, Changing Times, Evolving Practices
- Quarterly Review of Distance Education Volume 1 #3