The Director and The Manager
Machiavelli Had it Easy - Law & Governance In A Digital Age
In Press 2017
Machiavelli Had it Easy is an engaging text for an emerging discipline. Gaps in context arise when directors and managers come together from diverse vocational and cultural languages and interests. Compressed information streams in from the digital age yet few sources seek to reconcile silos of business, legal expertise and regulatory public-interests for informed decisions.
This text presents research and a decision-framework based on risks, comparative law and market practice. We concluded that governance is a separate discipline for the vital strategic-oversight role. Informed by cognitive science, the marketplace and comparative legal duties, one conclusion is that bias and self-interests are instinctive but reconciling best-interests is not. Too often lessons learned from centuries of law are overlooked.
The chapters are a dozen inquiries into recurring problems in the boardroom. Part one is an entry-level technical reference of law and governance principles. Unique appendices of keywords and case notes will aid those new to markets governed by the western rule-of-law and those tripping on gaps in comparative jargon. Part two is a series of practical hot-topics in the context of law and governance; part three looks to next steps in accountability and liability.
The text will help accountants, engineers, lawyers, and marketing, business operations and public-policy experts from around the world work together, and professors, professionals and students anticipate change. After drilling through accountability and liability of hybrid organizations, typical crises are revealed to be from a lack of aligning interests and related information churn. Conclusions of the how and why of governance systems link the human condition and the rule-of-law.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- SOC000000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: General
- BUS079000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Government & Business
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- Culture and Behavioral Strategy
- Is That Your Mom? Voices of Cross Racially Raised Adults of The African Diaspora
- Managing Alliance Portfolios and Networks
- Radical Thoughts on Ethical Leadership
- Social Studies Teacher Education Critical Issues and Current Perspectives
- Strategic Engineering of the Reed Reflections on Socio-Economic Strategy and Implementation
- Technological Innovation Networks Collaboration and Partnership