Improving Instruction Through Supervision, Evaluation, and Professional Development
This new book recognizes the reality that all principals are responsible for supervision, evaluation, and professional development of their teachers—tasks that are neither simple nor without conflict. The primary audience of this text is aspiring and practicing principals. We hope to help them understand both the theory and practice of supervision, evaluation, and professional development. Observing instruction, collection data for reflection, and having conversations about teaching however, are not sole provinces of principals. Master teachers, teacher leaders, and teacher colleagues can also benefit from the Supervisory sections of the book, especially the chapters on high-quality instruction, improving instruction, and the classroom data collecting tools.
Preface. 1. Instructional Leadership. 2. An Integrated Model of Instructional Leadership. 3. Creating a School Context to Improve Student Learning. 4. A Model for Classroom Supervision. 5. Supervision of Instruction. 6. Supervisory Skills. 7. Professional Development. 8. Evaluation. 9. Implementing Evaluation. 10. Improving Instruction. 11. Improving Instruction. 12. Supervision and Professional Development: An Application. 13. Evaluation, Supervision, and Professional Development: Applications. Appendixes. References. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- EDU011000 - EDUCATION: Evaluation & Assessment
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- A Guide to College Success for Post-traditional Students
- Enduring Myths That Inhibit School Turnaround
- Leadership Matters in the Education of Students with Special Needs in the 21st Century
- Models of Success How Historically Black Colleges and Universities Survive the Economic Recession
- More Than a Mentoring Program Attacking Institutional Racism
- Test Fairness in the New Generation of Large‐Scale Assessment
- The Role of Leadership Educators Transforming Learning