Selected writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society
Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of vinculum
A volume in the series: The Montana Mathematics Enthusiast: Monograph Series in Mathematics Education. Editor(s): Bharath Sriraman, University of Montana.
The teaching and learning of mathematics in Saskatchewan - one of three Canadian provinces sharing a border with Montana - has a long and storied history. An integral part of the past 50 years (1961-2011) of history has been vinculum: Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society (in its many different renditions). This monograph, which presents ten memorable articles from each of the past five decades (i.e., 50 articles from the past 50 years of the journal), provides an opportunity to share this rich history with a wide range of individuals interested in the teaching and learning of mathematics and mathematics education. Each decade begins with an introduction, providing a historical context, and concludes with a commentary from a prominent member of the Saskatchewan mathematics education community. As a result, this monograph provides a historical account as well as a contemporary view of many of the trends and issues (e.g., curriculum,
technology) in the teaching and learning of mathematics. This book is meant to serve as a resource for a variety of individuals, including teachers of mathematics, mathematics teacher educators, mathematics education researchers, historians, and undergraduate and graduate students and, further, as a celebratory retrospective on the work of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society.
- This title is in development and is not yet available to order online. Please call the IAP office for more information: 704.752.9125
- Critique as Uncertainty
- Crossroads in the History of Mathematics and Mathematics Education
- Interdisciplinarity for the 21st Century Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Mathematics and its connections to the Arts and Sciences, Moncton 2009
- Selected writings from the Journal of the British Columbia Association of Mathematics Teachers Celebrating 50 years of Vector
- Selected writings from the Journal of the Mathematics Council of the Alberta Teachers' Association Celebrating 50 years (1962-2012) of delta-K
- The Development of Teaching Expertise from an International Perspective
- The Role of Mathematics Discourse in Producing Leaders of Discourse