The Last Silver Bullet?
Technology for America's Schools
Originally this book was meant only to recommend a way to pay for placing modern technology into all of our country's public schools. As we began to formulate that financing plan, however, we realized the task was not as straightforward as we had thought. We were struck by the vehement opposition to our basic premise-the importance of using technology in education-voiced by most relevant constituencies: educators, taxpayers, and especially many businesses.
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- Advancing Women in Academic STEM Fields through Dual Career Policies and Practices
- Career and College Readiness and Success for All Students
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- Innovation and Implementation in Rural Places School-University-Community Collaboration in Education
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Engaging African-American Males at Selective Public Research Universities Challenges and Opportunities in Academics and Sports
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change