Using Classification and Regression Trees
A Practical Primer
Classification and regression trees (CART) is one of the several contemporary statistical techniques with good promise for research in many academic fields. There are very few books on CART, especially on applied CART.
This book, as a good practical primer with a focus on applications, introduces the relatively new statistical technique of CART as a powerful analytical tool. The easy-to-understand (non-technical) language and illustrative graphs (tables) as well as the use of the popular statistical software program (SPSS) appeal to readers without strong statistical background. This book helps readers understand the foundation, the operation, and the interpretation of CART analysis, thus becoming knowledgeable consumers and skillful users of CART.
The chapter on advanced CART procedures not yet well-discussed in the literature allows readers to effectively seek further empowerment of their research designs by extending the analytical power of CART to a whole new level. This highly practical book is specifically written for academic researchers, data analysts, and graduate students in many disciplines such as economics, social sciences, medical sciences, and sport sciences who do not have strong statistical background but still strive to take full advantage of CART as a powerful analytical tool for research in their fields.
CHAPTER 1: Introduction. CHAPTER 2: Statistical Principles of CART. CHAPTER 3: Basic Techniques of CART. CHAPTER 4: Issues in CART Analysis. CHAPTER 5: Applications of CART. CHAPTER 6: Advanced Techniques of CART. References. Appendices A-I
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU008000 - EDUCATION: Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- EDU027000 - EDUCATION: Statistics
- Educating Teachers and Tomorrow’s Students through Service-Learning Pedagogy
- Facing Challenges and Complexities in Retention of Novice Teachers
- Gender, Sexuality and Peace Education Issues and Perspectives in Higher Education
- Inquiries Into Literacy Learning and Cultural Competencies in a World of Borders
- Literature Reviews in Support of the Middle Level Education Research Agenda
- More Like Life Itself Simulations as Powerful and Purposeful Social Studies
- Preparing Middle Level Educators for 21st Century Schools Enduring Beliefs, Changing Times, Evolving Practices