IAP BOOK SERIES
Educational Leadership for Social Justice
Contact Jeffrey S. Brooks at: email@example.com for more information about this series.
The purpose of this book series is to promote research on educational leadership for social justice. Specifically, we seek edited volumes, textbooks, and full!length studies focused on research that explores the ways educational leadership preparation and practice can be a means of addressing equity concerns throughout P-20 education. Possible topics include, but are not restricted to the following issues:
- Race and educational leadership
- Class and educational leadership
- Gender and educational leadership
- Ethics and educational leadership
- Ethnicity and educational leadership
- Culture and educational leadership
- LGBTQ issues and educational leadership
- Equity and educational leadership
- Access to educational leadership
- International and Comparative perspectives on leadership for social justice
- Research methodologies and educational leadership for social justice
We invite you and your colleagues to submit a book proposal of approximately 5-8 pages. All proposals will undergo editorial team and/or blind peer review. Proposals should include the following sections:
- Introduction and overview: Explain the scope of the book project and explain how it is grounded in and extends the extant educational leadership for social justice research base, broadly conceived. Proposals should be aligned with the purpose of the Information Age Publishing Educational Leadership for Social Justice Book Series.
- Summary of contents: Provide a proposed table of contents, brief synopsis of each chapter, and an approximate page count for each chapter, including any references and appendices.
- Timeline: The timeline should include initial phases of the publication process that will lead to initial submission of chapters. From that point, accepted manuscripts will undergo editorial and blind peer review.
- Jeffrey S. Brooks
- Denise E. Armstrong
- Ira Bogotch
Florida Atlantic University
- Sandra Harris
- Whitney Sherman Newcomb
Virginia Commonwealth University
- George Theoharis