Critical Issues in Social Studies Teacher Education
A volume in the series: Research in Social Education. Editor(s): Brad M. Maguth, The University of Akron. Merry M. Merryfield, The Ohio State University.
Taken together, these authors explore the many and varied challenges faced by teacher educators generally, and social studies teacher educators specifically. Their analyses and recommendations provide a starting point for ongoing deliberations about the nature and challenges of the field. There are no easy answers; but continuing the discussion is crucial.
Introduction, Susan Adler. What Social Studies Teachers Need To Know The New Urgency Of Some Old Disputes, James A. Whitson. Social Studies Teacher Education In An Era Of Globalization, Patricia G. Avery. Reflection In Social Studies Teacher Education, Revisiting The Work Of Alan F. Griffin, Amy C. Mcaninch. Social Studies Teacher Education For Urban Classrooms, Geneva Gay. Practicing The Manifest Of Diversity In The Social Studies. Pedagogical Fusion For Everyday Transformations, Rudolfo Chávez Chávez. Beyond Tolerance A Place For Acceptance Of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, And Transgendered People In Our Schools, Larry Gregg and Sue C. Thompson. Technology And Social Studies Teacher Education A Framework, Cheryl Mason Bolick. Citizen/community Participation In Education Historic Change In Terms Of Engagement, Marilynne Boyle-baise and Carl A. Grant. Continuing Professional Development For Social Studies Teachers, Linda Valli and Mark Stout. Ideology, Power, And Control In Social Studies Teacher Education, William B. Stanley and Hope Longwell. Epilogue, Susan A. Adler.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Controversial Issues in Social Studies Education in Turkey The Contemporary Debates
- Creating Socially Responsible Citizens Cases from the Asia-Pacific Region
- New Directions in Social Education Research The Influence of Technology and Globalization on the Lives of Students
- Repensar la Educación para un Mundo Global y Transcultural
- Research in Global Citizenship Education
- Rethinking Education for a Global, Transcultural World
- Social Studies Teacher Education Critical Issues and Current Perspectives