Addressing The Achievement Gap
Ronald D. Taylor, Temple University
A volume in the series: Research in Educational Productivity. Editor(s): Herbert J. Walberg, University of Illinois - Chicago.
The chapters included in this book were commissioned to serve as the background for the national invitational conference sponsored by the LSS at Temple University Center for Research in Human Development and Education (CRHDE). The conference and the publication of the conference proceedings were supported by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U. S. Department of Education. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the positions of the supporting agencies and no official endorsement should be inferred.
Preface. PART I: SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT. Minority Academic Achievement in a Selective Public University: The Role of the Campus Environment, Melanie Domenech Rodríguez, Angela Stewart, Ana Mari Cauce, James Antony, and the Post Affirmative Action Legislation Impact Study Group. Children of Immigrants and Their Achievement: The Roles of Family, Acculturation, Social Class, Gender, Ethnicity, and School Contexts, Rubén G. Rumbaut. Family and Neighborhood Environments and the Adjustment and Achievement of African American Adolescents, Ronald D. Taylor. PART II: PROGRAMMATIC APPROACHES TO ADDRESSING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT. Sisters in Science: Confronting Equity in Science and Mathematics Education, Penny L. Hammrich. Developing Successful Intelligence in All Children: A Solution to Underachievement in Ethnic Minority Students, Robert J. Sternberg. Conclusions. About the Contributors.
"...valuable to school administrators, researchers, policy analysts, and students." Veda Jairrels in Education Review (Read full review)
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- EDU011000 - EDUCATION: Evaluation & Assessment
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- Advancing Education Productivity Policy Implications from National Databases
- Can Unlike Students Learn Together?
- Efficiency, Accountability, and Equity Issues in Title 1 School Wide Program Implementation
- Optimizing Student Success in School with the Other Three Rs Reasoning, Resilience, and Responsibility
- School Reform Proposals The Research Evidence
- Successful Reading Instruction
- The Scientific Basis of Education Productivity